I think a cat who is no longer with us did this damage.
Missing a knob which isn't even the original knob.
So its been a thorn in my side for a while. To make matters worse, you saw that it now looks like a TV worship center. Why two TVs right? We do enjoy watching television, but not that much. Well the bottom TV stopped working, so we purchased the top TV. Well I couldn't have a gaping hole where the old TV was, so we just left it there. (The kids now use it to play Wii and it seems to be working just fine - GRRR!) It has been the plan to have Corey build a new entertainment center like this;
Isn't it beautiful? Well it costs over $2000 and of course Corey could build it for "under $500". Well Corey's to build list is very lengthy. So I've just been explaining why we have 2 TVs instead. Over the holidays, we had people over and the day they were coming, I started looking in the IKEA catalog at their entertainment centers. I had seen this solid wood one that would only cost $500. Below is a picture of what this cute girl at the lettered cottage did with one. So cute huh? I would be happy with it as is, no paint.
Well just looking at the catalog sent Corey searching for and purchasing wood to build his own. Who knew that's all it would take? Such a little, subtle threat. Here's what he's done so far.
Not too bad for a couple of nights work! He swears its all square too! So onto the drawers and the glass doors and a few more pieces of trim. Then I'll have to paint it. He'll build the book cases later and we can be rid of the beast and our TV worship wall. Thank you IKEA!





9 comments:
I have to admit, when I saw the title of this post, I wondered which kid was driving you crazy! LOL! Happy to see another project! I love what you and Corey manage to pull off! It's amazing and impressive...and something I'll NEVER have with my hubby...so I'll just live vicariously through you and your home remodeling!!!
I totally remember that TV stand. It was great back in the day. Better than ours we got from DI for $50, which we also still have. I'll have to have Jeff see what Corey's up to so he can get inspired too. He's always wanting to use his tools. It's fun getting something new.
You redo your blog background more often than I do my dishes. Okay, not that often. Looks good though.
I saw that in your garage (or was it something else?) when I dropped Riley off the other night and wondered! Looks great, I can hardly wait to see the finished product. If only we were as motivated (or as awesome) as the Neddos. Sigh.
Oh, I wish Clint was handy with wood and tools. Luckily, he is talented with cooking though.
I can't wait to see the finished project. What color are you thinking of painting it?
Can I hire him? It's going to look amazing! All it takes is a little motivation, right?
What a fun post. I totally remember that thing from back in Utah! You'll have to have a farewell ceremony and burn it in your backyard or something. I wish Dave would build things like that. He built a bed for Josh that he started over 2 years ago. About 6 months ago, he finished stage two, and like that it still sits to this day. Make sure you take pics and keep us posted on the progress!
Wait! Don't burn the beast! I have an idea for you that is so YOU--http://suttongrace.blogspot.com/2009/06/repurposed-entertainment-center.html
Can you just see it?
And, your new stuff looks awesome too. Call me so jealous...I have a husband who can build it, I just need to bottle up some of Corey's motivation!
That is pretty impressive wood working skills. More power to him.
When I saw your title I thought it said "The Breast." That would have been an exciting one!
I too can't wait to see the finished product like JoEllen :)
Post a Comment