So now I get my thank you for an otherwise thankless job. Go get yourself your own thank you sticker. It helps. Maybe I should get some and stick them all over the house like on the toilet brush and furniture polish. I think I'm on to something HUGE.
18 January 2010
A Thankless Job
I've learned something about myself over the years. It drives me crazy to have to do the same thing over and over again. You know, mopping the floor, making beds, picking up toys, dusting, clipping little fingernails and especially laundry. I want to just do something and be done with it forever. They are such thankless jobs. (Yes, I have also learned that you just have to do them over and over again AND they really don't take that long.) BUT the laundry for 7 people is a huge task. I seriously did 13 loads of laundry one day last week. That was just because I had skipped doing it over a weekend! I never hear a thank you for cleaning the children's clothes. I usually only hear "I don't have any clean pants" or "I don't have any clean underwear" and complaints when I ask them to put their folded stuff away. So, why am I ranting about the laundry? Something funny happened last week that makes me smile every time I do laundry. I bought some detergent at our local grocery store and they didn't stick it in a bag. To let everyone know that I wasn't stealing it, they stuck a little sticker on it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I like that idea- you are on to something HUGE!
great idea! Maybe you could stick one on the toilets after you clean them...and the dishwasher...!
I have been on a downer all day, feeling overwhelmed and grumpy about all the little stuff that has to be done- your post made my night!
So... Thank You Melissa! I mean it, thanks a lot!
P.S. I want thank you stickers and also "Don't touch!" ones too! ;-)
Very timely to read your post as I'm about to launch into make-up laundry time from the long weekend. I need to brighten up my laundry room for myself so that I smile when I go in there, I've decided. It is a thankless job and folding laundry was the one chore I hated doing when I was younger. Thanks for the smile.
i just did 9 loads yesterday! know what you mean. I like the idea -- contact TIDE about it! :)
Melissa, you are indeed onto something HUGE. I love it - made my day, probably my week. Do you think it would be too much to put a sticker on my forehead?
Love the thank you sticker! Little things that can make you smile can change your whole day. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you!! What a great idea and nice to hear someone else gets tired of the regular stuff, too!
Post a Comment