27 January 2010

Its distressing!

The media console is distressed.  So am I!  Not really, I was a little scared when I started rubbing on the antiquing glaze.  It was looking awful for a bit, but I ran for a wet rag and wiped it all better.  I love how it got into the cracks and marks I banged into the piece.  I still love it this morning in the daylight.  You may uncross your fingers.  The book cases are almost finished, so I'll post pictures when its all in place next.  I'm so impressed with Corey over this.  Its the best thing he's made so far.





Now to find some seeded glass for the door and some kindling for the huge bonfire we'll use to get rid of the old entertainment center. 

5 comments:

Amy said...

WOW!!! I need a tutorial on distressing. You painted, banged, stained, and wiped? If I could choose new furniture I would choose this. It looks great. I totally have the furniture project bug now...now what should I talk brent into making...maybe the rest of Cami's bed that she's been sleeping in for a year and a half... :)

The Yosts said...

You work fast! I want to come to the bonfire. I'll bring the marshmellows :)

Jennie Blaser said...

it looks so good! i love it. I did this to our built in several years ago one weekend that Dave went to Utah. It was normal, ugly stained brown wood and I distressed, sanded, painted it black and then hacked away at it with a sander and then glossed it. Quite the project, but i love how it looks now. I'm also very impressed with Corey. Does he want to come finish the 7 projects Dave has started?

Kim said...

That is amazing! You need to put instuctions out on how to distress something.

Jamie said...

Oh, it looks so good! I can't wait to see it all set up and in use. You are both amazing.